Friday 4 November 2022

The Times Crossword Club Monthly Club Special...

...has a new blogger....

Me! I went to find the blog for last month's Monthly Club Special (aka MCS) puzzle as couple of days ago to check my answers and it wasn't there. Then I heard our esteemed blogger Verlaine had resigned and we were shuffling around to fill his blogging slots and appoint a couple of new Quick Cryptic bloggers. I volunteered for the MCS and set to work on the blog for last month's, which you can find here (and the crossword here).

The MCS is renowned for its interesting vocabulary of extraordinary words and clever wordplay. I don't time myself doing it, but it generally takes me a couple of session totalling, probably, up to 2 hours. I was surprised to find I had been doing it for over 3 years - since June 2019. I even won the £100 prize for it in November 2020 (see here).

My top words from last month's are GALACTORRHOEA, KRUMMHOLZ,  CYNOMOLGUS and XERODERMATOUS. I bet you've not come across them in real life either!



No comments:

Post a Comment