Thursday 10 December 2020

Another Crossword Win!

 This email cheered me up this morning...


Yippee!  This was for November's fiendish Monthly Club Special (blogged here), on which I commented...

"Great stuff!!", it says on my copy. It took me two sessions totaling 1hr 40mins, of which 1/2 hour was on my last 7 clues. The great WHITE CHRISTMAS was my FOI. I loved BENZODIAZEPENE too, which also came quickly, so those two gave me lots of checkers for the downs. I also liked the wordplay for AZULEJO. I'm looking forward to tackling this month's later. Thanks V and setter.

As the blogger Verlaine said "So many words that barely look like words at all... and that, of course, is what we love about the MCS. Thanks as ever to the setter!" To illustrate.. answers included ATENOLOL, PARANEPHRIC, LUXULYANITE, OPISTHODOMOSES and ZANYING.  

The clever clue for WHITE CHRISTMAS, by the way, was the double anagram...

A number from Berlin recycled which Stasi term (it is Wehrmacht’s, also)? (5,9)

No comments:

Post a Comment