Friday 4 December 2020

A not so Quick Cryptic Crossword from Pedro

Pedro provides us with today's mental workout. I don't know about you, but I found it quite difficult and it took me over 50% over my target time finishing in 7:52. The clues are quite long which, to my mind, makes them harder to unravel. I took a while to see the long anagrams and work out some of the definitions, which didn't help. A good variety of clues, though and some entertaining wordplay. The SW corner held me up for a while, but LOI and COD was the clever 7D. Thank-you Pedro! How did you all get on?

[Edit: I see I was not alone in finding this hard for a QC, so don't despair if you did too. I would say this is very much at the top end of difficulty for a QC and those who manage it should be able to step up to the15x15.]

Fortnightly Weekend Quick Cryptic. This time it is Phil's  turn to provide the extra weekend entertainment. You can find the latest crossword here. Enjoy! And if anyone is interested in our previous offerings you can find an index to them here.

Read all about it... )

[P.S. A total of 78 comments - probably the most I've had on a QC blog. A lot of dissent about the level of difficulty!]

No comments:

Post a Comment