Saturday 5 December 2020

Prize? What Prize?

 On 14th October I found I was a prize winner for the Sunday Times Crossword competition for the crossword published on 27th September (see here). I was looking forward to getting my snazzy pen prize some time before Christmas, at least. How long can it take to send out prizes? But then I got this letter...

Hmm. Two others of my pals on Crossword Central on Discord have also had the letters - one for two outstanding prizes. Jerry is going to get 3 cheaper pens up to the prize value. Should I wait for the Townsend Medalist in February? It does look rather fetching....


But wait... I see the price has been cut and it only costs £75 now. So I think I will do like Pip and Jerry and get a selection...

An ATX Brushed Rose Gold Ballpoint...

A Beverley Translucent Teal Lacquer Ballpoint...

and a Bailey Light Polished Amber Resin and Gold Tone Rollerball...


Yes. Those will do me!


No comments:

Post a Comment