Friday 18 December 2020

Quick Cryptic Crossword from Orpheus - Who knew what a broch is?

Times Quick Cryptic No 1769 by Orpheus

Orpheus is the provider of our Quick Crossword today. I found it not as hard as the last two I blogged, although I suspect a couple of bits of less common vocabulary may lead to a little head-scratching for some. But to me, that is one of the joys of doing crosswords - discovering words you didn't know before. Alongside the trickier ones are a few simpler clues to get you going, like 7A, 10A and 13A, among others. Only one anagram, though, which is  a bit unusual.  It  took me just a bit over my target in 5:15. Thank you Orpheus! How did you all get on?

Fortnightly Weekend Quick Cryptic. This time it is my turn to provide the extra weekend entertainment. You can find the latest crossword, which has a bit of a seasonal theme, here. Enjoy! And if anyone is interested in our previous offerings you can find an index to them here.

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment