Monday 2 March 2020

Beyton Walk Recce

I'm leading a walk for the Bury St. Edmunds Ramblers next Tuesday so I thought I'd better try out the route, which I had planned many months ago.

This was my route today.


Here are a few of my photos.

We start at Beyton Church with its fine round tower and wildflower grounds.


The horses were out today but were more interested in grazing than in me.


No! The footpath here has been completely obliterated by heavy farm machinery. But I later found a cunning plan to avoid the worst of it.



We will go through Rougham Village.


We will get a view of Bradfield Dt. George Church, but not visit it.


But we will see some rather nice houses.




I must remember to brief the walkers on this great opportunity


Hesset Church.No we wont visit that either.


And here we are back at the start....


...with a chance to view the flowers in the churchyard.


Well the route was mostly OK and I can avoid that but of churned up path, but I will need to check the route through the woods is not too horrible - I would prefer not to miss that bit out and just follow the back lanes instead. More in 8 days time! I wonder how many will come?

You can see more of my photos here on Flickr and more details of my route here on MapMyWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment