Friday 27 March 2020

QC Blogging Day

Times Quick Cryptic No 1579 by Hurley

I took quite a bit longer than usual to complete this QC finishing in just under 7 minutes, but we've had quite a few head-scratchers already over the last 2 weeks, haven't we?  I had a few hold-ups with this, such as failing for ages to see the answer to the anagram at 3D, remembering the word for the hairstyle at 14D, and bunging in the wrong answer at first for 20A. But there are plenty of straightforward clues to get you going, making this a fair challenge, I think. I liked the pun at 1A, the 4-part charade at 17A, the misdirection at 4D and, especially,  the topical instructions on how to do our enforced home-schooling at 17A and 17D. Thank-you Hurley. Lovely job, as they say round here. How did everyone else get on?
Read all about it... )

P.S.  Clue of the week for me is from yesterday's Times Cryptic:

A second gathering assembled unethically(8)

Answer: AMORALLY.


Individual walk for me again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment