Tuesday 24 March 2020

Rushbrooke and Nowton Walk

It was a lovely sunny afternoon. Time for an individual walk. I decided I would head for the underpass under the A14 and then onwards to Nowton Park via Rushbrooke.

This was my route. I saw one or two family groups out, but I hardly met anyone and managed to keep a safe distance from everyone I passed.


Here are a few photos from along the way.

I found these plants at the roadside. They doesn't look like they belong. A reverse image search suggests they might be Crown Imperial Fritillaries. Anyone know any better?


This tree blossom was by a house in Elderstub Lane.


Rushbrooke Church...


..has a lovely willow tree next to it.


Some trees are still bare.


The cottages in Rushbrooke village.


As I headed for Nowton I passed under the old railway line here.


Alas, the daffodils are beginning to fade.


But these white ones at the far end of the car park are still looking good.


It was after 5 now, so rush hour. What rush hour?


The A14 roundabout by Sainsbury's.


One last bit of cheerfulness as I headed home. These muscari are lovely.


In all I did about 9 1/2 miles and was back in good time to cook the tea.

See more details of my walk here on MapMyWalk and more of my photos here Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment