Friday 27 March 2020

Great Barton Walk

The weather was still nice and sunny, but the wind was cold. I only went 1/4 mile before I decided to return home and get my coat - it was too cold for just a T-shirt in that wind.

I took a map with me today as I would be walking a couple of paths I hadn't walked before. This was my route.


Here are a few photos.

Today after the Cattishall crossing at the end I turned left rather than right towards the church.


Unlike our Christmas walk in 2018,  I carried on north past Barton Stud.


This path between fields was rather nice, but it was a bit exposed and the wind was too strong for my hat to stay on.


I had a view of Timworth Church in the distance.


After a stretch along the verge of the B1106, I reached Great Barton.


There are some lovely houses in the village.


I thought this sign was funny.


The cottage at the end of the path through the village has some magnolia flowers about to come out.


Across the road, at the end of Church Lane, were some nice daffodils...


...and these pretty little flowers.


The sun was getting low as I headed back to the railway crossing...


...where I let a family of 4 on bikes cross in front of me.


Well that was a decent walk in the sun of just over 8 miles, although there was maybe a bit too much road walking, and I was home in good time to cook the evening meal again.

You can see more of my photos here on Flickr and more details of my route here on MapMyWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment