Sunday 30 August 2020

Pickled Cucumbers

Today I did some pickling of half of Dawn's globe cucumbers, sliced by my new mandolin, which arrived on yesterday. It worked beautifully.

I salted the slices and left for a few hours before draining and adding the spices and mixing before stuffing my jars.I got out my new jars which had arrived the other day. They were a bit smaller than I expected and I managed to fill 6 of them while my pickling liquid came to a boil.

I added the liquid and then.... disaster! The lids that had come with the jars didn't fit! I checked. I had been sent the wrong jars - 8oz octagonal jam jars rather then the 268ml hexagonal ones I had ordered.


I had to scrabble around to find some jars to decant the new pickle into. A bit of a miscellany, but at least the pickles are saved.


We'll see what they taste link in about 3 week's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment