Saturday 26 September 2020

American Pale Ale

 My latest brew has been bottled. It's an American Pale Ale from an I love Brewing  Beerworks kit. 

"American Pale Ale is a style of pale ale developed in the United States around 1980. American pale ales are generally around 5% abv with significant quantities of American hops, typically Cascade." 

Bottling was a bit delayed while I waited for my latest consignment of bottle to be delivered, but I bottled 20 bottles on Thursday (leaving some 14l in cask). The SG readings before and after brewing suggested a strength of about 6.5% ABV.

Here are the bottles waiting to be packed away in boxes to bottle-condition, along with my NEIPA and Christmas Ale.

The label continues the theme of an old map in the background like I did for the NEIPA.

A taste before bottling suggests it will be very fruity and hoppy. We'll see in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment