Friday 25 September 2020

Another Alphabetical Quick Cryptic Crossword

Times Quick Cryptic No 1709 by Alfie

Today's quick crossword is from Alfie, a setter who always (under that pseudonym) provides a crossword with an alphabetical twist. And indeed this one has too, as hinted at by 1A and 11A. I'll not spoil it for you here if you haven't looked for what's hidden in the grid, but I've summarised what I found at the end of the blog.
As for the clues, one or two are a bit tricky (15D puzzled me the most) and the crossword took me rather over my average time, finishing in 6:40. Some fun clues though. My COD goes to 8A, but the cleverly worked theme is most entertaining. Thank-you Alfie! How did everyone else get on?

Fortnightly Weekend Quick Cryptic. This time it is my turn to provide the weekend entertainment. You can find my amateur quick crossword here. Enjoy!

Read all about it.... )

No comments:

Post a Comment