Friday 11 September 2020

Apple Brandy #3

Yesterday and today I've been having another go at making Apple Brandy. Here is my set-up all ready to go yesterday.


I did two stripping runs, each with 3 1/2 bottles (1.75L) (which is the capacity of my still) of Henry Weston Vintage Cider again. After my spirit run today (to which I again added 100ml or so of vodka to top up the total alcohol content), blending all but the heads and tails, I was left with this. As you can see I have added some oak chips, but not so many this time - the plan is to leave it on less oak for longer.


No fancy label as it's not the final bottling, but, as you can see I ended with about 480ml @ 57% ABV.


Once sufficiently oak-aged, I'll dilute it down to about 40% and it should be enough for a couple of 250ml bottles for Christmas presents... and with a little left over for me. More gin next!

3 comments:

Show Comments