Friday 24 September 2021

A Breadman Quick Cryptic

A gentle end to the week compared to the last couple of days (and my last couple of Fridays) with this Quick Cryptic from Breadman. It is a curious grid with no answers more than 10 letters, which suits me fine as I find long words bother me. There are also a few gimmes like 10A, which should help you get started but, curiously, only two part-anagrams. My first one in was 1A, which got me off to a flyer. Some neat clues; my favourite was 17A and it was good to see a baking reference too. My last one in was 23A as I needed the checkers to remember the sweet green concoction. In all it took me just over the 4 minute mark, so comfortably under my average time. Nice one. Thank-you Breadman. How did you all get on?

Fortnightly Weekend Quick Cryptic. This time we have the debut of a new compiler to the team, Sawbill, in providing the extra weekend entertainment. You can find his crossword here. Enjoy! And if anyone is interested in our previous offerings you can find an index to them here.

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment