Tuesday 21 September 2021

Lawshall Walk

It was another fine day so after my dentist appointment and weekly food shop this morning I thought I'd go for an afternoon walk. I had found this walk by Martin Bate last week on planning other walks, so thought I'd give that a go.

I parked opposite The Swan Inn in Lawshall. This was my route.


Here are a few photos.

The Swan Inn is not open on Tuesdays.

Like many others, this telephone box has become a book exchange. I must remember to take some with me to donate on my walks when I come across another one.

This new build on the corner of Donkey Lane looks impressive.

From Donkey Lane I had views east across the fields. I wondered if either of those things sticking up in the distance might be Lavenham Church, but with my zoom lens I could see no.. they are just trees.

I joined the St. Edmund Way shortly before Stanningfield Church, which was familiar....


...as was this picturesque cottage.... you can see why, later.


I went on towards Hoggards Green, where I found the Stanningfield Village sign....


..and The Red House.

Carelessly failing to check my map I followed this path just after the pub.

I ended up having to walk 1/4 mile along the A134 and return via this Methodist Chapel.

If I'd followed my intended route, I should just have circumnavigated the green passing this row of houses. But never mind.

Returning to Staningsfield Village Hall, I rejoined the St. Edmund Way and the route I first did on our Bury to Lavenham Walk in 2018.

I reckon this is the spot where we had our picnic that day.

I took a little detour to visit Drake's Well...

...before returning to my start via Hanningfield Green...

...which didn't have many plants of interest at this time of year.


The shadows were lengthening by the time I got back to my car.

A pleasant 7 mile afternoon stroll in the sun. You can see more details of my route here on MapMyWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment