Friday 17 September 2021

Stanton Walk

Another lovely day. Best to make use of it while the weather's good. So I set off for a morning walk from Satnton, aiming to visit Wyken Hall, The Grundle and Stanton Mill. It was a variant o my walk last autumn (see here), but taking a different route our of Stanton towards Wyken Hall.

This was my route from Stanton Village Hall,

Here are a few of my photos.

I must go in and visit St. John's Church some time.

I found a pleasant path parallel to the road for a while.

At Wyken Hall I managed tyo avoid the temptation of the cafe.

No market today.

But there were plenty enjoying morning treats from the Leaping Hare.

I took a little detour around this lake,

My mission included visiting this apple tree I had found last year. It had been largely stripped of fruit, but I did find 4 apples to pick and take home.

A first view of the windmill,

This way to the Grundle

It was perfectly dry.

A final detour to visit the mill.

A lovely morning's walk of just over 6 miles in just over 2 hours... and some tasty fish and chips from the Stanton fish and chip shop for my lunch!

You can see more details of my route here on MapMyWalk and more of my photos here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment