Saturday 25 September 2021

Gin Distilling

It has been a while since my last distillation run (in June) and stocks of my home-made gin are getting low. So, with Jane and David coming soon, I thought I'd make some more.

As has become my standard practice, I measured out my botanicals and infused them overnight.

I based my recipe on that from Gin#3, 21-June last year, but tweaked it a bit...

Botanical Last Time This Time
Juniper 25g 30g
Coriander 10g 12g
Angelica 3g 3g
Cardamom 2g 2g
Lemon Peel 8g 8g
Orange Peel 8g 8g
Fennel 3g 3g
Peppercorns 3g 3g
Liquorice 1g 1g
Cassia 1g 0.5g
Ginger 1g 1g
Grains of Paradise 1.5g 1.5g
Rose Petals 2g 2g
Elderflower 1g 1g

And here we are ready to go...

Dawn rather liked the result. I hope she doesn't drink it all before Jane and David come!

No comments:

Post a Comment