Sunday 26 September 2021

Pickled Onions


These went down so well last year, I had to do some more. I bought 2lb of pickling onions at the market last Saturday and again followed Linda Ziedrich's "Joy of Pickling" recipe for "British Pub Pickled Onions". After brining overnight on Wednesday, I replaced the brine on Wednesday and yesterday they were ready for pickling. There they are at the top and will be ready to eat in a few weeks (the book says a month, but I'm not sure we can wait that long). But I've ended up with only 2 jars. So yesterday afternoon I went to the market again and got some more... and then I found another stall had 3lb for £1.50 of slightly smaller ones...

I had an eye-watering time this morning peeling them between their first and second brining. More pickling to come on Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment