Saturday 27 April 2024

Bury St Edmunds Spring Beer Festival

After enjoying last year's I just had to go along to this today.


I arrived just as they were opening the doors at 12pm. Another good selection of beers and ciders.

Here are a couple of photos.





As you can see it wasn't too busy and all the beers I wanted to try were available. By 2:30pm I'd had my fill and set off for home.

These are the beers I tried - 1/2 a pint of each.
  • Lacon's Nectaron (4.2%). A soft pale ale. Very tropical and refreshing.
  • Marstons 61 Deep (3.8%). Another pale ale. Very drinkable but relatively light on flavour given the 4 different hops. A good session ale, I think.
  • Mighty Oak Panama Gold (4.4%). A golden ales with bags of New Zealand hops. Surprisingly fruity and rather dry in flavour.
  • Tiny Rebel Cwtch (4.5) A red ale. Rather dark in colour and quite citrusy from the Citra hops. Very tasty.
  • Three Blind Mice Juice Rocket (4.55). A very juicy and hoppy IPA with Mosaic, Citra and Columbus hops.
  • Artefact Finally An EPA (5.6%). An extra special bitter, which they call an English Pale Ale.. Very full-bodied and tasty.
And my favourite? The Tiny Rebel Cwtch, although they were all good.

I'm looking forward to their Autumn Beer Festival in November already!

No comments:

Post a Comment