Friday 5 July 2019

West Suffolk Youth Music Summer Concert



This was a nice way to end the week. In the lovely setting of St. Mary's church we were treated to performances from the 3 West Suffolk Youth Music Ensembles.

William, poster boy for the Suffolk Youth Orchestra, plays in the Orchestra, but the string ensemble had their own piece on the programme - a selection from Grieg's Holberg Suite. Nicely played.

In the interval I joined my fellow Friends committee members in serving Pimms (and non-alcoholic) drinks, which was a bit frantic. We were left with some Pimms at the end of the interval which just had to be drunk. Fortunately I wasn't driving!

All the ensembles were great. Highlights for me were the Jazz ensemble playing All of me and the combined Orchestra's Bohemian Rhapsody and Blue Sky.

What a talented bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment