Wednesday 31 July 2019

Newton St. Boswells Walk

Jane's husband David was at work and when he got home we would be going to Burts Hotel in Melrose for dinner. So I thought I would go for another walk, taking in more of St. Cuthbert's Way, to Newtown St. Boswells and back.

This was my route.


Not one in any of the books, but I thought I'd explore another little stretch of the St. Cuthbert's Walk.

From the centre of the village the reoute headed down towards the kirk.


Hmm. a little less broad than other sections we had travelled, but, despite being in shorts, I avoided getting nettled.


The route went alongside a little stream.


I've come across another of these signs recently, but where was it?


This is what the free range children and animals were up to.


Nice views, of course, of the ever present Eildon Hills.


 And crops looking ready to harvest.


 And soon I was back in Bowden at the fountain for the third time today!



See more of my pictures here on Flickr and more details of my route here on MapMyWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment