Tuesday 30 March 2021

Landguard Point Walk

It was a lovely day again today and we decided to go for a short walk at the coast this afternoon... the first time I had been that far since our traditional Christmas Eve walk. We went to Landguard Point and walked to the point and around the Nature Reserve.

This was our route.


We started at the Viewpoint Cafe, which, of course, wasn't open, but the kiosk was doing a roaring trade. From there we walked along to the point and then through the Nature Reserve and back.

Here are a few of my photos. The aforementioned kiosk...

 

A large container ship was docking, but we missed the Ever Glory, the sister ship of the Ever Given that had blocked the Suez canal, which sailed earlier in the day.

 

It was lovely to see the colourful Harbour Ferry in operation. 

 

After visiting the point, where the sea was almost as calm as a millpond, we followed the boardwalk and path along the edge of the roped off area.

I kept my eyes peeled and was rewarded by the sight of 2 plovers nesting. They are pretty hard to spot! I wonder how many I missed?

From the path at the top of the dunes you get some good views.

In the SSSI dogs have to be kept on a  lead. The bunnies seemed very happy.

The bird observatory board is always worth a peek. A swallow in March!

That was a short but refreshing walk. I think we may have caught a bit of sun.

You can see more of my photos here on Flickr and more details of our route here on MapMyWalk,

No comments:

Post a Comment