Sunday 28 March 2021

The Turing Challenge

This is fun. With the issue of the new £50 note featuring Alan Turing this week, GCHQ have published a commemorative quiz...

You can see for yourself here. I started yesterday and have got to puzzle 6 so far, although puzzle 2 (Portrait) has me baffled still. I'm not going to look for any hints or clues yet. Maybe William and Dawn or even Sarah and Laura can chip in first. So far I've enjoyed numbers 4 (Window) and 5 (Foil) best, although number 3 (Bits of note), was fun too. And now, although I have answers to all the clues, I'm stuck on  number 6... More anon!

Update 29/3 lunchtime: Puzzles 2,7, and 8 solved now, but still can't see how you to put the answers in the sunflower at 6. For 10 I've got the pieces on the board but can't answer the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment