Wednesday 9 June 2021

Clare Walks Recce

Today I did a recce of the walks I will be leading from Clare on Monday, based on these we did in June last year, which are, in turn, based on  Circular Walk 5 and Circular Walk 3 from the excellent  Clare Walks collection. I did the Stoke-by-Clare loop in the morning  and the Cavendish loop in the afternoon. Boy was it hot!

These were my routes...

and...

I'll not provide spoilers beyond saying I wont do the walk as in the leaflet for the Stoke-by-Clare walk as there is a long stretch of overgrown path, and I will do them in the other order - i.e. Cavendish in the morning and Stoke-by-Clare in the afternoon.

You can find more details of the routes on MapMyWalk here and here and my photos in the unremitting blazing sunshine here on Flickr.



No comments:

Post a Comment