Saturday 19 June 2021

Jumbo Crossword

I thought this at the gentler end of difficulty for a Jumbo, taking just over 35 minutes. It did take me a while to get properly going, though, solving only 6 across clues on the first pass. For once, I didn't encounter any real stumbling blocks - there is usually at least a couple of words that are new to me and I get stuck on, although I had to check that 19A was a real word to convince myself I'd got it right. A generous smattering of really good clues kept me entertained to the end of solving... and writing the blog. In particular I enjoyed 44A, my second from last one in (22D was my last) and the  two 2-word &lits : 56A and the triple definition 6d - my clue of the day. Nice one! Thank-you setter for the fun. How did everyone else like it?

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment