Saturday 21 July 2018

Jumbo Blogging Day

Times Cryptic Jumbo No 1332 - 7th July

My turn to blog the Jumbo. I have to confess I don't always find the time to do the Jumbo - especially when the weather is so fine, but maybe I should take to solving in the garden. I was glad to have to solve this one, though. I thought it a bit tricky, taking a while to get going, but I was surprised to find I had completed it 5 minutes under my target of 1 hour. An enjoyable solve with plenty of thought required and some lovely bits of wordplay to enjoy. 49a is a prime example and I rather liked 35a, 42a, 13d, 41d, 43d and 7d (My COD) too. I couldn't resist quibbling about 43d, but that is a maybe a nicety beyond common parlance. So a good test with lots of fun along the way. Thanks setter! How did you all like it?

Read all about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment