Friday 22 May 2020

Alphabetical Quick Crossword


Some people get all the fun... After the super VE Day Anniversary crossword two weeks ago, today I have the bonus of blogging a crossword from Alfie. Not a prolific setter here (under that pseudonym at least), but every previous crossword he/she has set for us has had some element of alphabetical magic. I wont spoil your fun by describing what I found in today's just yet...

It seemed about average difficulty to me with maybe a surfeit of anagrams, but I didn't mind that. My only problems were a carelessly biffed DRUM ROLL at 11D to start with and wondering how I could make a word starting with PIANO at 23A. I finished in just under 5 1/2 minutes - about average for me. Thank you Alfie! So how did you all get on?

And talking of bonus fun... Many people here have bemoaned the fact that there are no Quick Crosswords in the weekend papers. So, for those who are interested, you can find my modest attempt to fill the gap this weekend with A Quick Crossword by Johninterred. If you follow the link you will find an image of the puzzle plus links to a PDF version to print and an interactive version. There is also a blog explaining the answers. Enjoy (I hope)!

Meanwhile back to today's answers...
Read all about it... )

And now to what I think is hidden in the grid...
Read about Alfie's game... )

No comments:

Post a Comment