Thursday 21 May 2020

Tassel Dry Gin

The proof of the pudding...

The gin now has a label...


And here are the bottles labelled


.. and tonight it was tasting time!


The finished article? Maybe not quite, but a whopping juniper flavour and lots of other strands. I tried a little neat. Very sweet with the light botanicals to the fore. And then with tonic and a slice of lime. Very flavoursome and a lovely hint of fennel in the finish. I gave Dawn a taste. "Can I have my own glass?", she said. So she had one. And, a little later, she said, "That is strong". She was feeling a bit tipsy. Maybe I had just given her a generous helping. Or maybe I had got my calculations wrong? No I'm sure it is only 40% ABV.

Had I kept too much of the heads and tails, I wondered. Well, for the former, we'll find out tomorrow whether we wake with a headache! But nice enough to slip down smoothly. I think I will have to make some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment