Wednesday 27 May 2020

Personal Best

Today's Times Cryptic Crosswords were rather easy. I did the Quick Crossword in a speedy 3:53. I then looked at the SNITCH before tackling the 15x15.  [You may remember my previous post explaining the SNITCH, NITCH and WITCH. You can also read about it here]. A SNITCH of 57? Blimey. That means it must be pretty easy. So I went as fast as I could and everything dropped in quite easily....


With an average time of 20 minutes, I very rarely get under 10 minutes and my time today of 5:58 was nearly 2 minutes less than my previous fastest of 7:39. That gave me a NITCH of 29, meaning I had taken 29% of my average time, and a WITCH of 51 meant I had solved it in about half the time I would be expected to take, given the difficulty of the crossword. I finished in 16th place of today's 129 tracked solvers, in among those who average less than 13 minutes or less.


I don't think I'll be doing any better any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment