Monday 11 May 2020

Pyjama Party

Joyce has written a poem for her walking group friends and has kindly agreed to let me publish it here. ...



Corona Poem 2020

I wondered what our Walking Group wore in bed at night
So I held an investigation to see if I was right.
I did a spot of research, although some of them wouldn’t say
but it’s probably something funny coz they look quite strange by day!

Glen said ‘his glasses’
and Tina said ‘blue’
Roland said ‘his Headphones’
but I don’t think that’s quite true

Nicky said ‘mostly dog-hair’
coz Bella sleeps on her bed
Peter said earplugs
and a nightcap on his head

John said his grandad told him
‘always wear a vest’
Miranda said ‘a onesie was
def…i…nitely best’

Jane C wears a tracksuit
with a lovely shiny sheen
Jane W really doesn’t care
as long as it is green

I then asked Janice
but she shooed me out the room
and Katharine said ‘a nightie
and a splash of expensive perfume’

Steve M wears a night-shirt
Steve P wears a hat
Squints wears a nightie
with a bunny on the back

Carolyn keeps on her apron
Aidan just wears a smile
Carol wears jim-jams
which she’s had for a very long while

Hilary’s silk kimono
is just the thing for bed
Ann and Teresa
just giggled and went red

Gavin’s striped pyjamas
are quite a special sight
Robert prefers his Norwich shirt
for the middle of the night

Helen said ‘purple’
Julie said ‘completely black’
Jane Parry said ‘it’s something
that would cause a heart attack’

Anna, from the Council
wears a hi-viz suit at night
Kim who is quite shy said
‘we’d get a terrible fright’

Charles our photographer,
wears paisley print pyjamas                     
Barry wears a floral shirt that would look
better in the Bahamas

So my research is now finished and
most won’t give two hoots
but the only thing that’s missing is a
pair of walking boots!                                             
J.Crawford May 2020

Thank-you Joyce! I can't help remarking, though, that I haven't worn a vest for nearly 50 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment