Tuesday 20 October 2020

Autumn Colours in the Eastern Outskirts of Bury St. Edmunds

Yesterday afternoon the sun came out and I thought I'd go for a little walk and take my camera, starting with my own garden. Here are a few of my photos.

The view from my bedroom window.

The ivy on our wall is in the middle of turning red.

Our dahlias are still doing well.

And this is our pyracanthus.

Just a few doors along the street.

Trees by a local play park.

Looking down the path by Symonds Road. It has a lovely tunnel of trees.

This tree is by Moreton Hall church.

But the place I really wanted to see was Drovers Avenue, which is spectacularly lined in red at this time of year. Alas, there are roadworks spoiling the view!


There are lots of berries about, including holly. "It is going to be a cold winter", says the adage. I don't believe it. We don't get cold winters any more.


A couple more without further comment.



Well that was certainly colourful! I was glad to catch the sights before they go and while it is not dull and grey. I suspect my walk tomorrow will be a bit wet.

You can see more of my photos here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment