Tuesday 27 October 2020

Pickling Update

 I thought it about time to taste the Pickled Onions....

The verdict from Dawn. "The best pickled onions I've ever tasted". Well that's good. I bought another 3lb of pickling onions from the market on Saturday and was hoping to do some more if these had turned out OK.

So now there is a new batch on the go with its initial brining. Peel them tomorrow and pickle them on Friday, is the plan.

Meanwhile I had these chillis to pickle...

They were supposed to be "Explosive Ember" chillis, but I think there are actually "Chinese 5-Colour hot peppers"

Whatever. They look pretty and taste hot. It took a while to trim the stems to 1/4 inch each, but the pickling didn't take long, and now I have these 4 jars to label.

Maybe I should have slit them to stop them floating. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment