Wednesday 22 November 2023

Let the Pickling Begin

Time to start to do something with all those chillis.

After a few days in the warmth of the house a number had indeed ripened...


I selected some to pickle, with a mix of red and green, and sliced them 


Some of the green ones were hardly hot at all so I added some birds eye and other red chillis from the fridge.

I used a slightly different recipe this year - on from BBC Good Food (this one), although I crammed rather more into the jars than the phot with the recipe. Here are the ingredients is ready to go.
 

To make the pickling liquid a bit hotter I added some dried chilli flakes to each jar along with the garlic. I'd not tried them with lime zest and juice before. It will be interesting to see how they turn out. Here they are after filling the jars, and I've still got some pickling liquid left.


Now. What to do with the rest of the chillis?

No comments:

Post a Comment