Monday 6 November 2023

Another Norwich Day Out

I got a message from my old friends Terry and Jill on Saturday. 

"Hi John, Are you likely to be at home in Bury St Edmunds tomorrow afternoon? We are in Westcliff at the moment visiting Tom but travelling to Norwich tomorrow afternoon for a 2 night break so thought we might pop in and say hi if it is convenient. Jill and Terry". Alas we were away moving Sarah's stuff to York, but I arranged to go and meet up with them in Norwich today instead.

We met at the Forum café after they had done a tour of the cathedral.


I was early, but enjoyed sitting in the café watching the people go by and looking out for them. There they are!


Terry and I first met when we started at Barnard Castle School together in 1969... that is 54 years and 2 months ago! Jill took this photo of us.

I last saw Terry at our classmate Andrew Angus's funeral 2 years ago, but I don't think Jill and I had met since about 1990. We had a lot to catch up on!

We decided to do the first of the Norwich Nooks and Crannies walks I had done with Joyce and friends last week (see here). I had printed out the guide so led us round. Here are a couple of photos.


I missed photographing the swan and these murals last week.





Sadly Ribs was serving only pizzas for lunch...





...so we ended up eating in the Cathedral refectory.


Terry tried the Ampersand Brewery A Brew Loaf Story beer. Very tasty but rather lively!


We left via the cloisters with this classic view.


After our walk we just had time for a drink together at the Belgian Monk before I headed for my 4pm train back to Bury St. Edmunds.


I was last here with Laura and Laurence 2 years ago (see here). They had a great selection of beers as before.



We had a lovely sunny day for it. It was great to see them and catch up. Thank-you Terry and Jill for a great day. I think we will have to make a trip to Scotland some time to visit them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment