Friday 30 December 2022

Avatar : The Way of Water

Today Dawn, Laura, Laurence and I had a trip to the cinema to see...

Avatar : The Way of Water.

"What did you think?", asked Laura as we left the cinema. "Peculiarly pointless", was my two word answer. Visually stunning and spectacular, especially in 3D but I didn't think that the plot, such as it was, made much sense. What was an avatar and what did it have to do with the plot? I'd watched the original years ago and couldn't remember enough about it. It's only afterwards when I looked it up that I discovered that Sigourney Weaver plays the stroppy teenage girl Kiri with strange powers. She definitely had the best part.

A bit long. After an hour I sneaked a look at my watch and groaned inwardly that there was over 2 hours to go. How many times did the phrase "Go, go go!" appear in the script, I wondered? But it was definitely worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment