Saturday 24 December 2022

Christmas Tiffin

I saw a link to this recipe on the BBC website recently and I thought it might make a nice Christmas treat.

I got the ingredients in my Christmas food shop and found time to make it this evening before Laura and Laurence arrived.

The recipe can be found here on the BBC Food website.

It was the first time I'd made something like this but it was quite easy. I did worry, though, that I'd overdone the crushing of the digestive biscuits when my mixture ready to go into the oven looked like this.


I'd substituted candied peel and pistachios for the raisins in the recipe and it worked out fine. We had some as an alternative to mince pies for dessert with our Christmas Eve meal earlier. I don't think what's left will last long. Yummy!


1 comment:

Show Comments