Friday 16 December 2022

Green Chilli Sauce

After doing another batch of pickled jalapeños I still had plenty left over so thought I'd try out a new recipe.

I searched for green chilli sauce recipes and eventually plumped for this one from Hebbars Kitchen.


I decided to go for something chunkier than the recipes fully blended and increased the seasoning a bit at the end to make it a bit more spicy. Here's how it went.

Cooking the ginger and garlic.


Meanwhile I destemmed and roughly chopped my chillies. I seem to have been doing a lot of chilli chopping this week!


Sautéing the chillies, garlic and ginger mixture.


After adding water, cooking until the chillies were soft and cooling, it all fit nicely into my food processor.


Then the further cooking and adding of the spices.


And here is the final result after heating the filled and capped jars in a hot-water bath, cooling and labelling.


It is actually not very hot as the chillies are on the mild side. I like it. And that makes a new addition  to the Tassel Enterprises produce catalogue. Hmm. Time I updated that, I think.

Meanwhile, after adding some to the freezer and some in the fridge I am left with this...


Anyone want some chillies?

No comments:

Post a Comment