Saturday 17 December 2022

Rebop - Miles in the '50s


Last night I had my last trip to the Hunter Club this year. It was the Rebop sextet with an evening of music by Miles Davis from the late 1940s through the 1950s. The house band of Chris Ingham (keyboard), Owen Morgan (double bass) and George Double (drums) was joined by Paul Hick on trumpet Harry Green on tenor sax and Tom Smith (a new plater to me) on Alto sax. Chris was also our MC and told us about Miles and his bands  through the time period.

It was a popular event and the usual tables were removed for a theatre style seating. Luckily I was in the 2nd row so got a good view. Here are a few photos.

My view of the stage.



In the second half I moved back a row to an empty aisle seat which gave me a better view. Here are the front men all in action.


Some lovely playing. I particularly liked the ethereal sound of Paul playing with the mute and the two sax players playing together and off each other. I must get myself a copy of "A kind of blue".

A great evenings entertaining. Thank-you to Chris and all the band.


No comments:

Post a Comment