Saturday 18 April 2020

Jumbo Blogging Day

I found this a bit of a curate's egg. I was all but done in 30 minutes, but then took ages over my last 6 or so clues. The downs were definitely easier - I managed the first 9 if them on the trot. Some nice clues, such as 15A, my COD, 52A, 29D and 35D. But there are more then the usual number of unknowns for me; not least my LOI - a foreign phrase I didn't know and had to look up, although I bet Verlaine does. I also needed an alphabet trawl to get the composer at 20D. What held me up most, though, is, I think, a misprint at 56A [Edit: I meant 50A, of course. Thanks Jerry for pointing out I had typo in my reference to the typo]. I also had a couple of other MERs at some odd surfaces. Never mind. It was mostly fun. Thank-you setter.  How did the rest of you get on?

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment