Friday 10 April 2020

QC Blogging Day

Hello everyone. I hope you are all staying safe. This is going to be a very odd Easter weekend with my elder daughter stranded alone in Portsmouth while the rest of us are at home. As for crosswords for the weekend, we're off to a good start here. I found today's a little tricky with very few answers going in at first look, finishing in 6:24, my slowest time of the week. There are lots of fine surfaces and interesting bits of wordplay to enjoy. I liked  8A, 14A and 16D but 21A was my favourite for its reference to the joys of social distancing. Thank you Pedro! How did you all get on? And what did you like (or not) among the clues? [Edit: Sorry Pedro. It appears we have GR (Golden Raspberry) nomination for 8D. I did wonder whether it would be a widely-enough known word to be considered GK for a QC].

No comments:

Post a Comment