Sunday 5 April 2020

Lark Valley Path Walk

Have an afternoon snooze? In this glorious weather? No way! I should have been walking 18 miles today but I made do with 10. This was my route. I headed for the Folk Cafe along the first part of my Great Barton walk last week, but then went the other way to Fornham St Martin and on towards Fornham All Saints, where I intercepted the Lark Valley Path for my route home.


Here are a few of my photos.

It was a beautiful blue sky, all the better for being free of contrails.


There was a bit of queue at the railway crossing as a freight train passed, but we kept a safe distance apart.


This line of trees is between a couple of the fields at Barton Stud.


The pond near the Folk cafe reflected the blue sky.


The deep furrows in this field make an interesting landscape.


Fornham St. Martin church.


I passed these ponies enjoying the sunshine as I followed the path to the golf course.


Here is the start of the section of the Lark Valley Path I took -  and, at last,  a bit of path I hadn't walked.


A bit further on, I could see across the river to Fornham St. Martin church again.


As I walked into town I came across this ruin , which I'd never walked past before.


The plaque says Humphrey Plantagenet, Duke of Gloucester died in this hospital building in Feb. 1447.

On the home stretch now,  I found lots of cowslips at the edge of Mount Road....


...and this lovely magnolia in someone's garden.


That was good walk in the sun and I saw remarkably few people after I had got past the railway crossing.

You can see more details here onMapMyWalk and more of my photos here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment