Friday 24 April 2020

Nowton Walk

Familiar ground today... I decided to do the "Gentle Slopes Not Rolling Hills" longer 5 1/2 mile Nowton Walk, from Discover Suffolk, although it doesn't seem to be on their website yet. But I got the leaflet when the Bury St. Edmunds Ramblers did it in November, as you can see here.

Of course I had get to the start of the walk first and then get home again at the end, so I ended up doing nearly 10 miles. This was my route.


Here are a few of my photos.

On my way to the start I passed the cricket ground. Nobody playing, of course.


The lime avenue is fully in leaf now.


Some peony roses by the care home.


The folly in dappled sunshine.


I took the wrong turning at the panda and came out further along the road opposite Apple Tree farm with its alpacas.


The cottage had some lovely bluebells.


Sicklesmere.


These trees between the fields of oil-seed rape are in leaf now too.


Nowton church.


More oil-seed rape.


The sickly scent and garish colour of flowers make it my least favourite field craop to walk through.

But these  lesser stitchwort(?) flowers are nice. 


On my way home I came across these chalked games on the footpath just outside Sebert Wood School.



I got home just in time to cook the tea again.

You can see more details of my route here on MapMyWalk and more of my photos here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment