Saturday 4 April 2020

Rougham Church Walk

Lovely weather for walking at the moment, isn't it? Another afternoon walk for me today. This time I went through the underpass under the A14 up Elderstub Lane and across to Rougham Church, returning via the Rougham Estate, Blackthorpe Barn, Ravenwood Hall Hotel and the Rougham Air Control Tower.

This was my route.


Here are a few of my photos.

At the other side of underpass I climbed to the road to look at a nearly empty A14.


The  Crown Imperial Fritillary flowers I saw last week have opened out more.


The church is closed until further notice.


I was planning on following the path here through the Rougham Estate, but the sign said "Beware of the Bull" and I
think he might have been here.


The Ravenwood Hall hotel was deserted apart from an Aston Martin in the drive.


As I walked along the new path beside the road going round the Rougham Industrial Estate I saw these. I wondered what they are. Some form of fungus?


A nice walk of about 7.3 miles. And, once again, I was home just in time to cook the evening meal.

You can see more details of my route here on MapMyWalk and more of my photos here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment